nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 02:33:29 EST 2019

Regardless of file format limitations, non manifold objects cannot exist in
reality, so I think it should be an error to make one and users should be
educated.

Two cubes cannot share a zero width edge. They either overlap by at least
one atom or are separate. It is no coincidence that STL can represents all
physically realisable objects.