MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 18:46:22 EST 2019

thehans wrote
> What do you feel is the most important aspect to focus on, or would
> have the biggest impact to your experience using OpenSCAD:
>
> 1) Stability, squash more bugs in general
> 2) Optimize existing code, make OpenSCAD faster
> 3) Addition of new features
> 4) More / improved documentation
> 5) All of the above should be balanced equally
> 6) Nothing, I am content
> 7) Something else not mentioned
>
> If you have a specific issue in mind related to your choice, please
> describe and link to it if there is an existing github issue.

With a focus on Developer Resources it should be the top three, 1) generally
a priority, then 2) & 3) balanced.

1) I really think there is a gremlin in the core with various CGAL errors.
The latest being https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/3117

2) as OpenSCAD usage gets more sophisticated, as users get more experience
(and use new features), then performance becomes a bigger hindrance.

3) There are various axis of change, there should always be room for
progressive tweaks and usage optimisation (+1 to linear_extrude height=
anomaly) but with the Developers available, isn't it basically only going to
change in directions particular Developers re willing to spend time on. Are
we able to do something other than Bountysource to attract Developers?
https://www.bountysource.com/teams/openscad

4) Documentation can enhanced by others. Perhaps we need a documentation
ToDo?

7) I got an email, someone added $50 (=$300) to the Bountysource for
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/32262436-color-material-and-part
something I've thought is holding back OpenSCAD usage beyond typical
FDM/FFF.
I also have sympathy for the laser cutters..."1D" or is it 1.5D?