Robin2 robin at nbleopard.com
Sun Nov 10 05:17:39 EST 2019

As I have mentioned elsewhere I think the focus should be on making things
easy and attractive for a newbie, and for occasional users, without
interfering with traditional users.

To my mind that means that it should be possible to build most models with a
GUI front-end - such as GraphScad, Blockscad or the ClikScad that I have
created and am using for my own work. I'm not saying that the OpenSCAD
development team should "drop everything" and build a GUI front end - it may
be perfectly sufficient to endorse and encourage the use of an existing
front-end.

For the sorts of things I have wanted to create with my 3D printer the
existing OpenSCAD has all the capability that I require. and I have not been
aware of any bugs or crashes.

IMHO the idea of a complete rewrite is nonsense  - a huge amount of wasted
time with no improvement whatever on the output of anyone's 3D printer.

...R