Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Sat Nov 9 21:58:01 EST 2019

On 11/9/2019 6:47 PM, Jordan Brown wrote:
> Not that I've seen a real problem with bugs, but I'm always in favor
> of stability over almost everything else.

To respond to Adrian's comment:  when I say "stability" here, I mean
lack of bugs.  It shouldn't crash.  It shouldn't corrupt my files.  It
shouldn't Do The Wrong Thing.  If I install a new version and it crashes
twice in the first day that I'm using it, I'll be moving back to the
previous version.  There is literally no improvement that would be worth
that kind of regression in reliability.

Not, again, that I've seen much of a problem with bugs... and I want to
keep it that way.

(Actually, I do run into one bug all the time, but I bet that it's in
one of my display drivers.  Sometimes the rendering window comes up
blank, just menus at the top and buttons at the bottom, and there's
sometimes an OpenGL error.  This *seems* to be correlated to which of my
two monitors the window initially comes up on.  Once a "good" window is
up, I can move it back and forth; similarly, a "bad" window never gets
better.  This is on Windows.  I can try to collect more information if
anybody is interested.)