[OpenSCAD] Rounded Polygon

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Tue May 28 21:46:10 EDT 2019

Ronaldo wrote
> adrianv <

> avm4@

> > wrote:
>
>> I was studying my 3d printed models some more and noticed that the
>> highlights
>> on the roundover from the right direction appear to have a corner, which
>> raises questions about the curvature continuity.
>

> What do you mean here by "right direction"?

To use more precise language:  There exists a direction from which the
highlight line on the model appears to have a corner (highlight has a
discontinuity in its derivative).   This is visible in the photo I posted in
my other message.

> If you give me the form factor value you are using in your degenerate
> rectangular roundover , I could generate a standard 5th degree tripatch
> that meets the same form factor. Besides the form factor itself, it would
> be nice to have the patch border control points to check against mine
> patch.

I generated my patch like this:

Q = cornerPatchCP([0,0,0],1.5, 0.3);

using the cornerPatchCP that you previously posted.   I was comparing this
patch to the patch you originally posted, so the length of d disagrees, I
think.  I can change the patch, but for print test a larger curve is better.