[OpenSCAD] Rounded Polygon

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Tue May 28 21:34:10 EDT 2019

Ronaldo wrote
> It seems to me that to compare the standard tripatch with the degenerated
> rectangular one, this last one should be generated with the same form
> factor 0.4. Otherwise, the corner border curves (and the edge roundover)
> may be very different.

I agree, hence the inconclusive nature of the test.

However, I am definitely bothered by the funky highlights.  In the pictures
the tripatch is on the left, degenerate rectangle in the middle, and
circular roundover on the right.  The highlights look odd, which in an of
itself is a negative characteristic of the printed model.  It's probably the
most noticeable characteristic of the curves.  It seems like the tripatch
has some sort of bulge compared to the other ones.

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t2477/hilights.jpg>
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t2477/highlights2.jpg>