[OpenSCAD] Rounded Polygon

Ronaldo Persiano rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Tue May 28 21:29:53 EDT 2019

adrianv <avm4 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> I was studying my 3d printed models some more and noticed that the
> highlights
> on the roundover from the right direction appear to have a corner, which
> raises questions about the curvature continuity.

What do you mean here by "right direction"?

> Another observation is
> that the behavior of those highlights is visually odd, as compared to the
> highlights from the degenerate rectangular patch, where the highlights
> don't
> do anything strange.

If you give me the form factor value you are using in your degenerate
rectangular roundover , I could generate a standard 5th degree tripatch
that meets the same form factor. Besides the form factor itself, it would
be nice to have the patch border control points to check against mine patch.