[OpenSCAD] Rounded Polygon

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Tue May 28 18:42:05 EDT 2019

Does the boundary of your tripatch have an order 4 bezier representation?  It
sounds like you constructed the match to match up with such a curve?  What
are the order 4 control points for the patch you posted?

My FDM printed models are inconclusive because the shape of the roundovers
is not similar enough.  The case I did with spheres does seem worse, despite
the limited resolution of my layer thickness---I printed with 0.15mm layers.
I might try another test with 0.05 layers after a better effort to match the
shape of the roundovers.  But ultimately there's a problem that the limited
z resolution makes this less important.  I suppose someone with SLS or some
other higher resolution output device would notice the difference more
clearly.