[OpenSCAD] "Melting" models

Hans L thehans at gmail.com
Sun May 26 10:34:17 EDT 2019

I think the big question is why go through the trouble of modeling plastic
deformation of a printed plastic part when you can get the same slumping
effect with a little post-print heat application(particularly if PLA is
used).  Soften in boiling water, or apply a heat gun, or just print in
black+leave in sun (I learned this last one the hard way a few years ago
when I left a Prusa i2 printer in the hatchback of a car for one Texas
summer day, with black PLA used for the frame vertices)