[OpenSCAD] "Melting" models

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Fri May 24 10:11:53 EDT 2019

Kevin Toppenberg says:
> Could you multiple the object (i.e. the mesh of all the points of the object) by a transform matrix, which effects the radial transformation?

I don't think so. This requires a non-affine transformation, which can't be represented by a transformation matrix.

My 3D modelling language, Curv, supports non-affine transformations, which are represented by functions that map 3D points onto other 3D points, not matrices. I've implemented several 'bend' operators that do this kind of transformation.

In OpenSCAD, it's not so easy. I bet somebody on the list has a better answer, though.

Doug Moen.