[OpenSCAD] Newbie question

Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Thu May 23 11:53:18 EDT 2019

On 5/23/2019 8:36 AM, witte1000 wrote:
> And yes you are true if I change central to center or the other way around,
> don't have the warning but the center way is not the picture in my mind,
> with central it is 100% what i have in my mind

"central" doesn't mean anything and is being ignored.  (Hence the error
message.)  You can remove it.

The "center" option means to center the object on the origin.  Exactly
what that means depends on the object.  Spheres are always centered.
Cylinders default to being centered in X and Y - that is, the circle is
centered on the origin - but extend from zero up in positive Z; setting
center=true has them extend from -height/2 up through the origin to
+height/2.  Cubes default to having one corner at the origin and
extending in +X/+Y/+Z; setting center=true centers them on the origin.

> venturie (don't know in English)

Venturi.  It's named after an Italian scientist named Venturi, so it
wouldn't be surprising if it's very similar in many languages.

Have fun.