[OpenSCAD] Newbie question

Dirk Willems dirk.willems at tutanota.com
Wed May 22 16:00:23 EDT 2019

Hello Guy's,

Thank you all for this wonderfull piece of software !

Just started and checking around, doing some easy test and stuff to learn how to work with it.

I was looking on the documentation searching on youtube but don't see and understand it ...
So I just ask in the community if somebody can help me on my way.

For starting It's kind very complex and if you know how, it will be very easy ...

But for now I'm struggling with the following

difference() {
   translate([0,37,15]) rotate([90,0,0]) cylinder(h=20,r=5);
   translate([0,37,15]) rotate([90,0,0]) cylinder(h=20,r=4);
}

difference() {
    cylinder(h=30,r1=25,r2=16,central=true);
    cylinder(h=30,r1=23,r2=14,central=true);
}

What I want to accomplish is to combine the 2 cylinders into each other with the inside is smooth and off course having my hole in the second cylinder.

Tried things like hull, intersection, union, etc ...
Getting all of nice things but not what I want, with putting the intersection in it I get to opposite of what I want to accomplish,

Very funny and having a great time with it :)

But it doesn't help me in this case

Thank you very much for all your feedback, just take it easy on me please :)

Kind Regards,

Dirk

--
 Veilig verzonden met Tutanota. Reserveer je versleutelde, advertentievrije mailbox:
 https://tutanota.com