[OpenSCAD] WARNING: Scaling a 2D object with 0 - removing object

kevfquinn co at kevquinn.com
Tue May 21 13:24:46 EDT 2019

Ah; so what's probably happening is it has the five non-zero-area faces that
it's happy with, and is just warning that it computed a sixth zero-area face
on the top, which it discarded.

Which all sounds eminently sensible - in general it wouldn't be able to tell
the difference between an intentionally zero-area face and an accidentally
zero-area face, and coding in special exemptions to the warning would be the
wrong thing to do.

In which case the 0.0 scale is fine for the end of an extrusion, no need to
approximate in the source code to avoid the warning.

RayBellis wrote