[OpenSCAD] Any thoughts on using units other than millimeters?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon May 20 09:13:56 EDT 2019

I was trying to work through this a while back --- wanted to provide a unit
setting in the customizer and it was rather problematic.

On 19.05.2019 18:33, Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
> function inch(i) = 25.4*i;
> cube([inch(1), inch(1), inch(1)]);

That would probably be better than what I achieved, but the problem was
that in addition to dimensions  of the project itself, tooling needed to be
scaled as well.

I'm currently leaving OpenSCAD to the default of millimeters and working on
a front-end for it which will handle units more gracefully.

William