[OpenSCAD] "Too many unnamed arguments "

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Tue May 14 18:08:44 EDT 2019

I'd say at this point I'm past the rookie stage and yet I still sometimes
screw up and pass 3 parameters instead of a vector to some modules.

I'm curious why you think silent failure is preferred to an error message.
I find that it is difficult to debug OpenSCAD code in many cases because
errors produce "undef" and the undefs propagate through the code, undef
begetting undef, possibly quite a distance before some routine finally
refuses to function and produces a diagnostic message.  It sure would be
nice to know where that first failure point is rather than having to start
inserting echo() after echo() to try to track it down.

lar3ry wrote