[OpenSCAD] CGAL error in CGAL_Nef_polyhedron3(): CGAL ERROR: assertion violation!

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Sat May 11 21:02:38 EDT 2019

Ok, so I looked at your example and didn't read your text very closely:  I
thought it was weird that you were creating two copies of the same shape on
top of each other, but I realized upon further testing that it doesn't
matter where the two copies of the polyhedron are.   I checked the face
orientation and it appears to be correct (clockwise).

Have you tried removing sections of the polyhedron?