[OpenSCAD] Export animation frames (misleading FR translation)

JackDesBwa jackdesbwa at gmail.com
Wed May 8 12:00:08 EDT 2019

> > As a first step, I suggest that someone who has access to the
> > sources change the translation => "Dump des images" is closer
> > to the original and less misleading.
>
> No source code access needed for translations. Only a github
> account is required to just edit the files via the web interface
> (for simple cases, for more extensive changes, a dedicated
> editor would be very helpful, e.g. poedit).
>
> https://github.com/openscad/openscad/blob/master/locale/fr.po#L906

I meant have 'write access to the repo', but it looks like github creates
what it calls a 'pull request' on the fly with the method you exposed (as I
read from the documentation).

Looking at the file, it looks like there is a lot of new entries and a few
strange ones (not only in the ones marked fuzzy).
I will probably not be able to review the whole file, but I'll try to give
a bit of improvement nonetheless.

*So I would like to test my proposals before submitting it, but I was not
able to figure out how.*

I started by cloning the repo, and build the last version (mkdir build &&
cd build && cmake .. && make -j9)
I also made the .mo file from the .po (sgfmt locale/fr.po -o locale/fr.mo)
I finally found that the binary searches for several places, for example
<path of repo>/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/openscad.mo so I copied the generated
.mo file there (and strace'ing shows that it opens it successfully).
Unfortunately, it is not sufficient. What is missing ?

JackDesBwa