[OpenSCAD] SVG import layers?

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Wed Jul 31 14:34:51 EDT 2019

Hi!

On 31.07.19 15:22, gasstationwithoutpumps wrote:
> Does SVG import accept the layer= argument, the way that dxf import
> supposedly does? (I don't use DXF, so haven't checked whether the manual is
> correct.)

No, SVG has no layers. There might be the option to add support
for what Inkscape calls layers but that will likely be specific
to Inkscape.

See https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/2383 for some
details including someone who actually worked on the SVG spec.

> The documentation at
> https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/The_OpenSCAD_Language
> does not mention SVG import, so I'm not sure what is supposed to work for
> it.

It's in the user manual, and still unfinished as it takes
quite a bit of time to create documentation...
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/SVG_Import

ciao,
  Torsten.