[OpenSCAD] leaving more "air" in threads?

gasstationwithoutpumps karplus at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Jul 29 20:31:03 EDT 2019

Troberg wrote
> Kind of outside the OpenSCAD scope, but avoid printing threads. You won't
> get
> a good result on any reasonably priced printer. Try to design your
> constructions so that you can use real metal screws or threaded rods
> instead, and you'll make your life so much simpler. There really is not
> reason to print a simply part when you can buy it cheaper, stronger and
> better in any hardware store.

I had a use for screw threads—making an attachment for mounting my broomhead
at right angles to the normal orientation on the broomstick, for sweeping
the valleys of my tile roof.
Discussion at
https://gasstationwithoutpumps.wordpress.com/2018/08/03/tool-for-sweeping-roof-valleys/
<https://gasstationwithoutpumps.wordpress.com/2018/08/03/tool-for-sweeping-roof-valleys/>