[OpenSCAD] Modify the viewport without reopening OpenSCAD

Juan C.Cilleruelo juanc.cilleruelo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 03:38:42 EDT 2019

Thank you, Paul!
I've just checked these variables and I think I found the path to solve
my problem (Really to make an improvement to my software)

$vpt = [ 307.88, 422.79, 929.94 ];
$vpr = [ 86.50, 0.00, 16.60 ];
$vpd = 2973.77;

My program can send keystrokes to OpenSCAD. I make this all the time. I
need to send to OpenSCAD the next keystrokes:

"Ctrl+T" to copy to clipboard $vpt value;
"Alt+E" and "Y" to copy to clipboard $vpr value.
and "Alt+E" and "W" to copy $vpd.

After each keystroke, I need to take the clipboard values inside
temporal variables in my software. When I need to restore the values I
save my .scad file that starts defining again the values.

$vpt = [ 307.88, 422.79, 929.94 ];
$vpr = [ 86.50, 0.00, 16.60 ];
$vpd = 2973.77;

The only worry about this technique is if there is going to have
problems with other languages for the keystrokes.

If there are problems, I can make these keystrokes configurable, I think.

I'm going to try this.
Thanks again, Paul!