[OpenSCAD] There's a glitch with my dimensions...

gounthar gounthar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:20:50 EDT 2019

Hi there,

I'm a total beginner with OpenSCAD, and a novice regarding CAD.
I used to work with a pencil and a piece of paper, and it was during the
last century...
Anyway, I spent some time with onShape and produced  this
<https://github.com/gounthar/MerryKombo/blob/CAD/Box%20Base%20With%20Raspi%20Before%20Router%20Addition%20Drawing%201.pdf>
.
I'd like to do the same kind of thing with OpenSCAD, so I started with a
small part of this design, the lens support.
Here is my source file:
https://github.com/gounthar/MerryKombo/blob/CAD/camera-support.scad
<https://github.com/gounthar/MerryKombo/blob/CAD/camera-support.scad>  .
I should maybe have started with the center and used mirror(), but anyway,
it is what it is.

The problem I have is that I was expecting the pillars to be 3.6mm high, but
they're not, something around 2mm high (see  there
<https://github.com/gounthar/MerryKombo/blob/CAD/camera-support.png>  ).

I must have missed something essential with OpenSCAD, because it can't be a
bug, it has to be a huge misunderstanding on my side.

So... what did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Bruno