[OpenSCAD] leaving more "air" in threads?

fred_dot_u fred_dot_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 15:42:08 EDT 2019

I've recently printed a  differential screw from Thingiverse
<https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2279953>   simply as an experiment and an
experience.

It may be the quality of the printer and the current state of its tuning,
but the three components of the differential screw assembled with little
difficulty. I slathered on a bit of wet fifty micron garnet and cranked it
around a few times to smooth out the surfaces a bit, but otherwise it
operated quite well.

The creator, tkircher, used OpenSCAD and a threads library to generate the
parts.

For this project, strength isn't a factor and I doubt I'd be able to find an
off-the-shelf item that demonstrates any better the concept and execution of
differential screws.

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t824/db79f58a706130e974b490e841eb8036_preview_featured.jpg>

The photo above is not mine, although I linked a "make" in tkircher's
Thingiverse post.