[OpenSCAD] CGAL error depends on order of unioning

Shaporev, Timur tim at auriga.com
Tue Jul 23 05:08:00 EDT 2019

While working on https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3762730 I faced strange effect: script produce

ERROR: CGAL error in CGALUtils::applyBinaryOperator union: CGAL ERROR: assertion violation! Expr: itl != it->second.end() File: /mxe/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32.static.posix/include/CGAL/Nef_3/SNC_external_structure.h Line: 1152

on F6 but some change in order of unioning yields expected result.

I am attaching an archive with both faulty and good versions of scripts.

(The scripts render long enough: more than 20 minutes to preview the first script on my PC and 6 more minutes to render, yet more for the second script.)

If this is new issue I'd appreciate advice on how to (get a ticket number) register it.

Thank you,

Tim