[OpenSCAD] How get OpenSCAD running on macOS Catalina?

Hugo Jackson hugo at apres.net
Tue Jul 23 01:19:35 EDT 2019

How to install

1. Get hold of the Catalina installer
2. get this app -
https://www.whatroute.net/installerapp2iso.html <https://www.whatroute.net/installerapp2iso.html>
3. Use it to generate an ISO and a VBox disk image (its needs fancy stuff in its EFI partition - the app takes care of that)
Make the virtual disk at least 60GB
Create a new VM in Virtual box - but use the disk virtual disk previously created - and the ISO image.
Run the VM and install Catalina onto your new virtual disk
when it’s up and running, you’ll find you cant use the mouse to drag windows.
a) Use screensharing to connect to the VM
b - alternatively, have the VM capture a USB mouse.

it sounds tricky but is not actually that hard to do

	The Virtual Box forum is good for further assistance.
	https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=6c8731bdf5fbb8437f6bdacb49ba9f29 <https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=6c8731bdf5fbb8437f6bdacb49ba9f29>

	There are instructions for Mojave/Mojave here:
	https://www.whatroute.net/installerapp2iso.html <https://www.whatroute.net/installerapp2iso.html>

	Apart from the mouse stuff, Catalina is not much different