[OpenSCAD] leaving more "air" in threads?

Hugo Jackson hugo at apres.net
Sun Jul 21 17:14:51 EDT 2019

You can make a threaded joint more tolerant by either increasing the diameter of the nut (because you’ll be subtracting the thread you create from the exterior sides of the nut) or by decreasing the diameter of the bolt… or a bit of both. As long as you don’t change the pitch of the thread then you are simply creating more space between the mating edges of the thread on the nut and bolt.