[OpenSCAD] vanishing polyhedra on difference?

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Sat Jul 20 12:01:57 EDT 2019

On 20.07.19 17:50, A. Craig West wrote:
> I did some experimenting with that, as long as it is consistent,
> openscad does the right thing. Not sure if the two polyhedra
> need to be consistent with each other though

The underlying library doing the CSG operations (libCGAL) might
randomly do the right thing. Relying on that may end in trouble
at any time with any changes of the environment (e.g. changing
to a different machine, using a different OpenSCAD build, or
maybe just because the OS is running for more than 6 days without
reboot).

The expected winding order of polyhedron faces is defined,
anything else may work but the result is in general completely
undefined. So my advice is to always use the winding documented
order.

ciao,
  Torsten.