[OpenSCAD] Joining parts

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 21:14:13 EDT 2019

Determining what E6000 really is would require spectroscopy.

The maker will certainly not want to disclose the composition (whatever it
is) since they are trying to keep it a trade secret.

If it does have epoxy in it it is not a typical epoxy formulation (probably
has copolymers and/or something to inhibit or reduce crosslinking- because
most standard epoxy formulations get highly crosslinked and thus are hard
and not flexible).  That being said there already are flexible epoxy
formulations like masterbond "ep51fl-1"

There are one part epoxy formulations that cure at room temperature using
UV light.  There may be other cure mechanisms for one part epoxies.

So in the absence of spectroscopic data I'm just using a random website to
suggest what it is.

The known thing is that they use a chlorinated solvent, which is bad news
healthwise.