[OpenSCAD] Joining parts

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 19 16:52:13 EDT 2019

Actually a thick or gel cyanoacrylate glue may be the best glue even for
filling small gaps if you pick the right one.  Cheap superglues don't
perform particularly well, but take a look at the test results below.  This
glue test was done on wood, not PLA, but the CA glue 2P-10 was remarkably
strong even in gap filling.  Much stronger than gorilla glue---in fact, it
was the strongest glue tested in gaps, outperforming even epoxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoaTZY5cSQE
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GAZrhrtJPi8-iqPRVfqgOgf7RTg8Vqmen6OKJ4Ae6_I/edit#gid=321279609

A problem with gorilla glue is that it expands into gaps by foaming, which
makes it weak.

alexgibson wrote