[OpenSCAD] Joining parts

Alex Gibson alex at alexgibson.net
Fri Jul 19 12:07:56 EDT 2019

I agree the gel superglue is the best for surfaces with good contact.

For joining parts by textured sides, I would recommend the original 'Gorilla
glue'.  It expands slightly into the texture and makes a less brittle joint.

Another option is I use a '3d printing pen' as a welding device.  For a
really solid join, if you can get the internal access to the part, make a
grid of holes on the mating surface and 'plug weld' the two parts together
at those points.

You can add a couple of studs to the other side which line up with the holes
for a fantastic alignment - or just a matching hole and put a bolt through
them while you do the other welds.

This is a description of the process in metal but the actions are exactly
the same, I just use a pastel pink '3Doodler' clone!
https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/plug-weld.htm

Cheers,

Alex Gibson

admg consulting