[OpenSCAD] Joining parts

Bryan Lee leebc11 at acm.org
Fri Jul 19 10:40:04 EDT 2019

Thus arnholm at arnholm.org hast written on Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 09:51:43AM +0200, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:

> I think that is a very practical and sensible approach, nice idea. What kind
> of glue do you use for PLA joined this way?

I was just reading last night that:
	"PLA is soluble in solvents, hot benzene, tetrahydrofuran, and dioxane."
and 	"PLLA can be solvent welded using dichloromethane."
[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polylactic_acid#Materials_properties ]

Read the Material Safety Data Sheets on those first, as they may be
carcinogenic and pose other hazards.

Dichloromethane "is also used extensively by model building hobbyists for
joining plastic components together. It is commonly referred to as
"Di-clo." "  So it's use for gluing plastic seems fairly common.
[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloromethane ]

Other than that, I've used Cyanoacrylate/superglue to glue PLA.