[OpenSCAD] Joining parts

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 16:32:18 EDT 2019

To make things a friction fit I generally print the male and female parts
exactly the same size and rely on the layer ridges to lock them together. I
printed thousands of these
https://github.com/nophead/Mendel90/blob/master/dibond/stls/printed/spool_holder_brackets.stl
and
pressed them together in a wood work vice. The ends of the male pegs are
chamfered for one layer to make it easier to insert them.

Only yesterday I printed the round grommet shown here
<https://github.com/nophead/NopSCADlib#Cable_grommets> and pressed the two
halves together. It does require very accurate printing though. I only use
single outlines. It is hard to get multiple outlines to give the exact
dimensions.