[OpenSCAD] a matter of speed....

Troberg troberg.anders at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 16:52:35 EDT 2019

When I make parts that are slow, I include a parameter "fast". If false
(default), it draws the part properly, if true, it draws a simpler variant,
for example, a solid cylinder instead of a thread.

That way, I can spend some time getting the part perfect, but hen I start
putting things together, and the part isn't really interesting, I go with
the faster version. Then, when everything is done, I can set all fast=false,
and get the final result in its full glory, eventually after a long
rendering time.

It makes work fast and efficient, and also promotes proper modularization.