[OpenSCAD] a matter of speed....

Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Mon Jul 15 19:53:41 EDT 2019

On 7/15/2019 4:05 PM, macdarren via Discuss wrote:
> And since scad has no way
> to actually query objects so I could perhaps use software inspection I have
> to rely on human visual verification.

One trick that I used when I needed to ensure that two parts didn't
accidentally overlap was to have a mode that would intersect them.  If
the intersection wasn't empty, that would mean there was a problem.

If you need to check that there is only a minimal gap, you might
difference both parts from the hull of the two parts, so that only the
gaps remain in the model.