[OpenSCAD] need help for beveling/smoothing

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 21:36:37 EDT 2019

What threads.scad are you using?

I've got this dated 2015-01-24

> /*
>  * Dan Kirshner - dan_kirshner at yahoo.com
>  *
>  * You are welcome to make free use of this software.  Retention of my
>  * authorship credit would be appreciated.
>  *
>  * Version 1.4.  2014-10-17   Use "faces" instead of "triangles" for
> polyhedron
>  * Version 1.3.  2013-12-01   Correct loop over turns -- don't have early
> cut-off
>  * Version 1.2.  2012-09-09   Use discrete polyhedra rather than
> linear_extrude()
>  * Version 1.1.  2012-09-07   Corrected to right-hand threads!
>  */
> // Examples:
> metric_thread(25, 26, 9);
> //english_thread(1/4, 20, 1);
>
> // Rohloff hub thread:
> //metric_thread(34, 1, 10, internal=true, n_starts=6);

Note the uncommented example.
When I render that I get errors.
Your code does 'include <threads.scad>' rather than 'use <...>'
So if it is the same thread.scad, it will call that example & get that
error.
But assuming you may have commented out that example, it still gets:

ERROR: CGAL error in CGAL_Nef_polyhedron3(): CGAL ERROR: assertion
violation! Expr: e_below != SHalfedge_handle() File:
/mxe/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32.static.posix/include/CGAL/Nef_3/SNC_FM_decorator.h
Line: 426

This is an error in threads.scad.