[OpenSCAD] aligning/flooring all objects

Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Thu Jul 11 14:21:20 EDT 2019

On 7/11/2019 11:00 AM, lar3ry wrote:
> I see that many folks have asked for a way to find and use a bounding
> box in OpenSCAD, and I wonder if it will ever be implemented.

Perversely, I don't think OpenSCAD itself *knows* the bounding box,
because it doesn't do the geometry work.  The output from OpenSCAD
execution is a list of objects, transformations, and boolean operations,
and OpenCSG and CGAL are the ones that do the geometry work.

If you look at Design > Display CSG Tree, I think that's the output from
the execution phase.

Maybe, after rendering, there could be a view of that tree that includes
bounding box information.  You couldn't use it as part of the execution
of the program, but you could copy and paste it.