[OpenSCAD] aligning/flooring all objects

Joe Francis joe at lostapathy.com
Thu Jul 11 11:39:39 EDT 2019

Right - OpenSCAD can't do this for you.

The "trick", really, is to design all your parts around a convenient
origin and then translate them to the assembled position.  It seems most
people's intuition is to model the part in the assembled position and
then try to move it back to a convenient origin for printing (or
whatever else).

I'm sure some will debate this being a better way, but it's much more
obviously the best way if you get to a point where you're reusing models
that you created.  Having a convenient origin makes this *much* more
practical, for a lot of reasons.

Joe