[OpenSCAD] General approach

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 12:13:15 EDT 2019

You get rounding errors because it is impossible to represent exact
rotations numerically on a digital computer. Of course it is accurate
enough for real life but you can't rely vertex positions exactly meeting
for example.

 Even without rotations you can't accurately stack two 0.1mm blocks because
0.1 is a recurring fraction in binary. So it is safe to union two 1mm cubes
without any overlap but not two 0.1mm cubes. One needs to understand how
numbers work on a computer to be able to avoid problems.