[OpenSCAD] General approach

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 11:17:16 EDT 2019

So the extended discussion of the internals is interesting and worthwhile
but my original intent on the thread was to see if what I was doing made
sense geometrically.  Similar to the thread about taking apart the three
cones that were joined.

I later figured that since I was trying to join two things that were in
different octants (which crossed over slightly at the end) would be to
subtract a box that was in the other octant.

One concern I do have is that this makes 1/3 of my hallways and the rest
would be made by 120 degree rotations.  Earlier in this thread someone was
noting that various rotations would give irrational numbers (maybe this
isn't any worse than the standard floating point, because they are just
implicitly 'rounded' into something nearby that isn't irrational?).  How
does one avoid doing a rotation operation which is "bad"?  Is there a
"safe" way to do rotations?