[OpenSCAD] General approach

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 08:15:03 EDT 2019

If you cast double to float then you will have the same STL export problems
that OpenSCAD has. Any reduction in resolution needs to fix degenerate
triangles and self intersections.

Note also OpenSCAD uses its own PolySet format and that is also a polygon
soup like STL. The only difference is it doubles and actually polygons, not
just triangles.