[OpenSCAD] General approach

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 11:42:18 EDT 2019

So, I'm not sure how I should be doing things.

What I'm hearing is:
-floating point numbers are bad (sure I get that, but I think, under normal
circumstances my values should be far enough apart so two points don't end
up in the same space even with rounding errors); AND rounding floating
point numbers to some (1/2)^n is pointless
-behind the scenes stuff snaps to a grid (not sure how I change the
settings on this), maybe this is why the rounding is pointless since it is
doing rounding
-doing rotations is inherently bad

So what is a better way to do what I want to do?