[OpenSCAD] Getting more information

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 19:55:14 EDT 2019

Parkinbot wrote
> Note that I had to include a reverse() to correct the
> point order.
>
> Your problem
> might be that a loop from 104 to 105 will return two identical polygons,
> which will trigger the CGAL error, when skinned.
>
>      skinv=[
>            for (i=[104 : 1 :  105])  // identical polygons

Note the 105 prolem is caused by a gap in the ogee, see ogeepolyPath(),

    // Lower Right Outer arc
    lro = [ for (i = [0:1:lowerpoints-1])

Remove the '-1' fixes that gap, and [0:1:105] is good geometry.
[Dan, same issue with ogeepoly()]

When I included reverse() the result is everything is inside-out.
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/arches2_fixed_all_purple.jpg>
(note on closer examination the cube() has no purple, that is an artefact)

Without reverse(), without show-edges:
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/arches2_fixed_purple_close.jpg>
Those purple bits behave as if there is z-fighting, when you rotate the
model.

It gets very psychedelic:
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/arches2_fixed_purple_side1.jpg>
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/arches2_fixed_purple_side2.jpg>