[OpenSCAD] Getting more information

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 04:45:01 EDT 2019

OK re-regard the above, I got confounded by a F6 before F5 artifact...

So plotting the points

module plotvv3(vv,size=2)
  for(j=vv) plotv3(j,size,"red");

module plotv3(v,size=4,c="blue") { // v=[ [x,y,z], ... ]
  for(i=v)
    translate([i.x,i.y,i.z])
      color(c)
        sphere(size,$fn=12);
}

//this makes the shape I want a transtion between
//roman and ogee arches on a pathway that is half
//an ogee arch
//I'd use 6 of these to make the hallways I want
//16 verticies simplifies things

module arches2(verticies=192, thickness = 8, solid = false) {
    yxzpath = ogeepolyPath(650, 3, 600, 600, 420, 1, 10);

    //echo(yxzpath);
    //echo("blah");
    //echo(yxzpath[10]);
    translate([0,0,750]) cube();
    skinv=[
           for (i=[103 : 1 :  105])
              transform(translation(yxzpath[i]) * rotation([0,0,0]),
                        wave(i,verticies,thickness,solid))
          ];
    echo(len(skinv),skinv=skinv);
    plotvv3(skinv,size=0.3);
    skin(skinv);
}

Shows:
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/arches2_plot_orig.jpg>

Looking at the 103-105 points, which are black, red, blue respectively
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/Capture_arches2_skinv_plot_103-105.jpg>

The 104 & 105 are likely the cause.

Doing,

    plotv3(yxzpath);

Shows:
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/Capture_arches2_yxzpath.jpg>

Looking into ogeepolyPath(),

    // Lower Right Outer arc
    lro = [ for (i = [0:1:lowerpoints-1])

Remove the '-1' fixes that gap.

Then:
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/arches2_plot_fixed.jpg>

No more CGAL error with a cube().

STL fixed:  arches2_fixed_w_cube.stl
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/arches2_fixed_w_cube.stl>
No self-intersections.

But Thrown-together still shows purple...
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/arches2_fixed_purple.jpg>

I suspect that may be a skin() thing...looking...