[OpenSCAD] Getting more information

NateTG nate-openscadforum at pedantic.org
Fri Jul 5 22:43:45 EDT 2019

I did start writing up a polyhedron checker:

http://forum.openscad.org/Mesh-Polyhedron-Test-Script-td23106.html

I'm not sure how quickly or easily you could run something like that on that
on the polyhedron you're generating, or if it would find the issue that
you're running into, but it should find holes and topologically incorrectly
oriented faces.

It won't detect if you're generating a self-intersecting extrusion profile.

I've run into issues because OpenSCAD doesn't do exact geometry or because
of floating point problems.  So you can get into trouble if you have very
short line segments or wall thickness.