[OpenSCAD] Getting more information

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 20:06:09 EDT 2019

So here's the thing that has me real confused now.  I thought that union()
with a cube was guaranteed to not work if things are bad.

If I do the interpolation of arch types (using sin() to make it curved) but
I put all the arches along a linear path (not a path that is part of an
arch), I can union it with a cube and get it to render fine.

Then if I do preview -> thrown together I get the pink / purple (should I
say magenta?) edges.
So if union with a cube only renders if things are good, then that would
imply magenta edges in preview -> thrown together do not necessarily imply
a problem in my version of openscad (I think I have some 2018 release).  I
can easily believe that magenta edges could also (under some cases) be
rectangular holes or rectangular magenta facets.