[OpenSCAD] Getting more information

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 10:27:56 EDT 2019

I'm still trying to debug my own code but am frustrated in that I can't see
where the problem exists.  I get some errors and other messages from
OpenScad but unfortunately they don't point to what it was in my code that
triggered it:

ERROR: CGAL error in CGAL_Nef_polyhedron3(): CGAL ERROR: assertion
violation! Expr: e_below != SHalfedge_handle() File:
/opt/mxe/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32.static.posix/include/CGAL/Nef_3/SNC_FM_decorator.h
Line: 426

Likewise, I sometimes get this warning:

DEPRECATED: Using ranges of the form [begin:end] with begin value greater
than the end value is deprecated.

But I can't see any loop where the starting value is bigger than the end
value.

Is there a way that I can get OpenSCAD to indicate where in my code is
triggering these problems?