[OpenSCAD] I'm worried about the elements limitation in CSG normalization.

Juan C.Cilleruelo juanc.cilleruelo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 05:05:20 EDT 2019

/*******/

Compiling design (CSG Products normalization)...
WARNING: Normalized tree is growing past 200000 elements. Aborting
normalization.
WARNING: CSG normalization resulted in an empty tree
Normalized CSG tree has 0 elements

/*******/

I'm worried about this limitation of OpenSCAD. The code for the drawings
in my program is generated by my design software, still in development.

This problem, by now, only occurs when I create, by mistake, complex
very absurd and complex instructions caused by software errors in my
product.

But my software is going to have the power to create really complex
draws. And I need to improve the resulting code to avoid this error as
many as possible.

First question: I know that OpenSCAD has a section of OpenCSG options.
It's recommendable change default options? and what are de consequences
of doing it?

Second question: Are there some code tricks I need to know to maintain
these CSG products in a low limit? By example: fewer brackets, fewer
lines of code, some type of instructions that are a bigger resources
consumer?

Thank you in advance!