[OpenSCAD] multmatrix expands the input matrix to 4x4?

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 08:16:48 EDT 2019

The code
<https://github.com/openscad/openscad/blob/69bf5a55475102be43c2ddc698198e85821332b3/src/transform.cc#L204>
creates
a 4x4 identity matrix and then for each element it looks to see if the
corresponding element exists in the passed matrix and if it does it
overwrites that entry.

So basically it tries as hard as it can to convert any shape matrix to fit.
Any element it can't find is left as the value from the identity. If the
argument isn't even a matrix it silently uses the identity.