[OpenSCAD] multmatrix expands the input matrix to 4x4?

adrianv avm4 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 2 14:09:36 EDT 2019

What can I rely on?  From what I can tell, the manual isn't necessarily
definitive, being rather a collection of the community's description of the
behavior of the code as opposed to being a specification.   Is this behavior
accidental?  Subject to change?  Likely to change?    Is it on a list as a
bug to fix somewhere?

Why do you call it "poking holes"?  It's what OpenSCAD does.  It's not
"wrong", but it is undocumented.  I see it as uncovering shortcomings in the
manual, not problems with OpenSCAD.  I was prompted to investigate this
because somebody posted a while back that you could pass a 3x4 matrix to
multmatrix, so there is undoubtedly code relying on *that* behavior, at
least, already out there.