[OpenSCAD] Barnsley Fern recursive

Ronaldo Persiano rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:37:44 EDT 2018

Torsten,

I partially disagree. I don't know the intrinsic processes of OpenSCAD but,
from the running times I got, I deduct that the iterative step of
generating one element of a list in the C-style solution is constant time
in contrast with the linear time the *concat *is done in the tail recursion
elimination strategy due to the successive copies. However, I don't see any
way to write a tail recursion solution to generate a list without resorting
to *concat*. So, tail recursion will be generally less competitive than
iterations for list generations.