[OpenSCAD] Barnsley Fern recursive

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Wed Sep 12 05:37:30 EDT 2018

On 09/12/2018 11:20 AM, Eric Buijs wrote:
> One more thing. The recursive loop refuses to go beyond 1300
> (or so). After that I get the message: ERROR: Recursion detected
> calling module 'BarnsleyFern' Any thoughts on that. Thanks guys.

That means it's running out of stack space, while not perfect,
it's trying to catch this issue before it just crashes.

I'm not sure if MacOS allows for changing the stack size available
to applications, but if it does, OpenSCAD tries to pick up that
limit.

Something to try would be running from a terminal window:

 > ulimit -s 65532
 > /Applications/OpenSCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenSCAD

ciao,
   Torsten.